Include Solutions is primarily concerned with improving the educational outcomes for the young people of the UK. The aim is to broaden and deepen educators' understanding of motivation and what makes young people tick

Friday 16 April 2010

Outdoor Education - Its Role in Behaviour Management

From the very start of my teaching career I made the decision to get involved in activities outside of the classroom. I was lucky that my first Educational Visit came early on, in fact is was at the end of my teacher training year when I got invited to go on the Watersports Visit to the South of France. I also volunteered to take charge of the Year 7 Football team from the September of my NQT Year (this was purely because I love Football). At the time, I was totally unaware of how powerful these activities were going to be with regards to the Behaviour Management in my classroom. Since that first trip to France, I have participated in and lead many other Educational Visits, because of the way that it inspires, motivates and challenges the young people. The Hub provided by Include Solutions has a designated area which will look at how you can use your experiences outside of the classroom to build relationships with your students and in turn improve the behaviour management within your classroom. You will be provided with practical advice and strategies to assist you on your journey so that you get the most out of your role as a Teacher. BR



1 comment:

  1. Taking part in extra-curricular activities is also a very valuable way to build relationships away from the classroom... Leading, or taking part in, sports team seems to have a positive effect on the students in the teams - why do PE teachers always seem to have behaviour management sorted? Over. the last couple of years, I've put together (and played in) a School of Rock style band. The band has been involved in concerts as well as playing in the canteen at Christmas time. This (like the sports teams) shows you as a Teacher in a different light and the students respond positively to this. TR

    ReplyDelete